I’m not a crier.
I’m not big on feelings in general- but especially crying.
Which is actually quite ironic because on camera I can cry at the drop of a hat- which the writers on #Freakish (coming soon to Hulu) loved
I cried for 4 episodes straight. I’m not kidding. In every scene in episodes 7, 8, 9 and 10- I am in hysterics.
Maybe that’s why in my everyday life I never get choked up, my tears refuse to show without an appearance fee.
Which is why it’s such a big deal that I cried this week. Nobody died, I didn’t watch Marley & Me, and I didn’t break a bone.
Wanna know why I was in full blown hysterics?
I couldn’t get the gifs I had made for this post to animate.
Yep. Dramatic I know.
In my defense I had spent over 5 hours reading every help manual and forum trying to diagnose the issue and I was at an ultimate low point.
I was yelling at my computer like a cheating boyfriend and the only reason I didn’t’ throw my computer through the window was because it’s too heavy.
Technology is both the most amazing asset to our generation, and simultaneously the source of so much frustration, anger and annoyance.
Now as you school through this post you’ll see those gifs movin’ as they do- you’ll realize I did eventually figure it out.
Moral of the story?
Enjoy those damn gifs.
& enjoy these white chocolate lime shortbread hearts ♡
Lime & White Chocolate Shortbread Sandwich Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar (for sprinkling)
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Beat together your butter & sugar in a large bowl at medium high speed until combined
- Beat in salt & lime zest until incorporated.
- Decrease speed to low & slowly add in the flour JUST until incorporated
- Form dough into flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill dough for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F & line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Roll your dough out to about ¼-inch thick & cookie cutter your heart out!
- Use scraps and re-roll until all your dough is used.
- Place your cookies on your lined baking sheets, sprinkle with a pinch of sugar, and chill again for about 15 minutes.
- Bake your cookies for about 15 minutes rotating halfway through or until lightly golden
- Once your cookies have set on the baking sheets, cool on a wire rack
- For the ganache combine white chocolate, salt & melt (either in double boiler, over a saucepan, or if you're feeling risky- in the microwave)
- Once the chocolate is melted & glossy, remove from head & stir in powdered sugar & heavy cream
- Once this mixture is a smooth consistency- stir in lime zest & juice
- To assemble, spread filling on one side of cookie & sandwich together
- Store your cookies in an airtight container in the fridge & bring to room temp before serving!
I apologize for the image heavy post but THESE ARE TOO CUTE (also how much does the last one look dirty lolololol)
What did you do this weekend? Let me know in the comments! x