I can’t believe the holiday season is almost over – which considering I decorated on Halloween…you’d think I’d gotten my share of festivities in- but no
If you’ve been watching my instagram stories the past month you’ve probably seen that I’ve been baking up a damn STORM
I’ve gotten into the tradition of making epic cookie/baked good boxes for my team out here in LA & every year the list of recipients seems to get longer and longer & my overachieving nature kicks in to higher and higher gear
Because everyone seems to be enjoying them over on instagram- I thought I’d post the full recipes on here so you guys have them to refer to!
Peppermint bark has been a staple in my holiday treat rotation for YEARS – I blame William Sonoma for getting me addicted as a kid (before the allergies) & instead of shelling out the money for a tin of this, I stared making it from scratch and boy is it SO DAMN EASY!
4 ingredients, a little patience & you’ve got bark baby!
So if you’re in desperate need for some last minute gifts, or something to bring to a holiday party- this is it!
12 oz white chocolate
12 oz dark or semi sweet chocolate
6 teaspoons coconut
oil or canola oil
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
6-7 crushed candy canes
- Prepare a 9 x 11 baking sheet with tinfoil & set aside
- Break up your white chocolate and put it into 2 separate bowls with 6 oz in each
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil into bowl & either melt over a double boiler or microwave in 20 second bursts stirring in between until fully melted
- Once fully melted stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the peppermint extract until combined
- Carefully pour white chocolate onto lined baking sheet & smooth out to an even thickness with a spatula
- Put into fridge to set
- In another bowl break up your dark chocolate with 2 teaspoons of the oil & melt in the microwave or double boiler
- Once the white chocolate has hardened, pour the melted dark chocolate on top, working quickly so not to melt them together- smooth an even layer and set into fridge again
- Melt the remaining white chocolate with the rest of the oil & once smooth add in the rest of the peppermint extract
- Once previous two layers have set- pour final white chocolate layer on top of both, smoothing it out
- While the top layer is still wet & tacky, sprinkle your crushed candy canes on top- covering as much as you can & pressing into the chocolate to make sure it adheres
- Place into the fridge for 12-24 hours to fully set & harden
- Break it up & enjoy!
I hope you guys enjoyed this *recipe* & if you guys re-create it I’d love to see so share it with me on social!
What’s your favorite thing to bake & eat this holiday season?
Let me know in the comments down below!