We’re currently in that weird limbo between Christmas & New Years where we still still sleep in past lunch time
& sugar is a main food group & kale is just a slogan on a t-shirt.
I love this time of year
To stay in the spirt of the last days of 2017-
I thought we’d celebrate how terrible of a year it was, by treating our body terribly with another baked good
I’m really selling you on these aren’t I?
Mexican wedding cookies
Russian tea cakes
Italian butter nuts
whatever you call them- they’re easy & a crowd pleaser (or a solo endeavor- I’m not here to judge you)
Makes 30-36 cookies
1 cup butter (soft)
1/2 powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 & 1/4 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans (I like using roasted & unsalted)
1 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a stand mixer (or large bowl with a hand mixer) cream together butter & powdered sugar
- Once combined- turn the mixer to low & slowly add in salt, flour, vanilla & pecans
- When dough has formed you can either begin to roll balls immediately, or let it set in the fridge for an hour
- Using a spoon, a small cookie scoop or just your hands – shape dough into 1 inch balls
- Place balls a few inches apart on lined cookie sheet & bake for 10-11 minutes
- While the balls are still warm to the touch (but not too hot to handle) roll in powdered sugar until coated- it may take a few coats!
- Set them aside to co0l & enjoy!
As I *excitedly* say goodbye to the shit-hole that was 2017 –
I’d like to know what other things you’d like to see on this blog in the coming year!
What kind of treats do you want to see?
More savory recipes?
Healthy or indulgent?
More lifestyle posts?
Product round ups?
YOU TELL ME!
Sound off in the comments & I can’t wait to read!